- Case Studies
- Traffic Order FAQs
GIS Mapping Technicians
Location: Office work in Newbury, Berkshire (Potentially remotely/home-based)
This opportunity is to join our Mapping Technician Team, undertaking mapping and GIS projects from our office (and potentially remotely/home-based). It is being advertised alongside our GIS Surveying Technician roles, which will be survey location based (UK wide).
- GIS software proficiency and experience
- You should be able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- You will have an aptitude for working on maps, and be attentive to accuracy and completeness of data recording
- You will be able to work independently at times, but most also be comfortable working with other team members, under a team/project lead
NOTE – We regret that we will not be able to consider anyone without demonstratable experience of using GIS Software (university experience is acceptable).
- Experience in road restriction/Traffic Order surveying
- Professional GIS / data entry project experience
We regret that those applicants not meeting the above requirements will not be considered for the role.
This will be particularly suitable for Geography graduates with previous GIS experience. Applicants must have a keen eye for detail and an interest in learning new mapping and data entry skills.
We are seeking multiple people interested in a flexible working agreement, but would also consider fixed-term contracts or full-time permanent positions for the right candidate.
The team is currently working remotely/from home, but it is expected that you will be required to be in the Newbury (West Berkshire) office at least several times a week, as and when government advice approves this. Please consider this requirement and your ability to get to/from Newbury in the near future.
This role offers £11 p/h, plus expenses (if incurred for project work).
Free parking and bicycle storage is available at the Newbury office. We are located close to the train station and bus routes.
Full training will be given to all new employees.
Please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
No agencies please.
Buchanan Order Management is an equal opportunities employer.
Click here to view all positions.